Contrary to the very famous saying “Content is King”, it has been found that an online business or blog can find customers with good content not because the content is king, but because having good content is like owning an ’empire’.
Good content adds immeasurable value to a business website by attracting high-quality customers, increasing conversions and improving the search rankings.
Quality content that is informative, entertaining, original, factual and grammatically correct helps communicate a positive message to the customers. What lures the customer on to a website? The fact that the site can offer answers to a customer’s question. In order to to do this, the content must be created on the basis of certain parameters-
1. It should grab attention: The content should be able to show the potential customers that they will get their answers and additional knowledge if they stay tuned. Sticky, informative content helps bring back customers again and again.
2. It should raise questions: Intriguing content that raises questions helps bring customers who will look for further answers in the same place where they found these questions. This creates a receptive state of mind wherein one can create an interest and desire towards what they have to offer, thus increasing customer loyalty.
3. It should be entertaining: Content written in a simple, straight language that addresses all the issues a customer is interested in is a great start. It’s important here that the content is presented well. It must compel the customer to read further.
4. It should be original: Customers are always on the lookout of the next big thing–anything that is unique or different will catch a customer’s fancy. But on the internet, nothing is new, so what matters is the originality of thought and presentation. Talking about the same things, the same way, in the same style will not hold customers for too long. While the facts cannot be changed, their narration and presentation can certainly be made more appealing to attract customers.
5. It should be rooted in facts: Good content means it can potentially add value to a brand by attracting target customers and retaining them right up till the selling point. This means that all the information that is a part of the content needs to be true and fact based, with no room for sugar-coated non-truths.
Strong website content works as a magnet to loyal customers.