You may have come across the term Instructional Design as a part of content writing or educational services.
What is Instructional Design? To put it simply, Instructional Design is the process of taking a systematic approach towards planning and producing effective, understandable instructional materials. This is based on practical and theoretical research in areas like cognitive and educational psychology and problem-solving.
To put it simply, Instructional Design is the process of taking a systematic approach towards planning and producing effective, understandable instructional materials. This is based on practical and theoretical research in areas like cognitive and educational psychology and problem-solving.
Instructional designers essentially apply the theories, rules, and concepts of instructional design to help a learner understand a given topic easily. From not being able to accomplish a certain task, the learner then manages to be able to accomplish that task with the help of instructional design.
Let us take a look at some definitions of instructional design given by sources that work with it:
- “Instructional Design is the systematic development of instructional specifications using learning and instructional theory to ensure the quality of instruction.” It is the entire process of analysis of learning needs and goals and the development of a delivery system to meet those needs. It includes the development of instructional materials and activities; and try out as well as evaluation of all instructional and learner activities.
- “Instructional Design is defined as “a systematic process that is employed to develop education and training programs in a consistent and reliable fashion” (Reiser, Dempsey, 2007). In addition, it may be thought of as a framework for developing modules or lessons that:
- increase and enhance the possibility of e-learning
- makes the acquisition of knowledge and skill more efficient, effective, and appealing,
- encourages the engagement of learners so that they learn faster and gain deeper levels of understanding
- “Instructional design, also known as instructional systems design, is the analysis of learning needs and systematic development of instruction.” Instructional technology is used as a method for developing instruction. Instructional design models typically specify a method, that if followed will facilitate the transfer of knowledge, skills, and attitude to the recipient or acquirer of the instruction.
Instructional design in today’s time is primarily used for e-learning, online and distant learning courses, although it is applicable to any learning environment. The Instructional design services offered by Pen Pundit take into account all the parameters of learning according to the subject to come up with a comprehensive lesson plan.