STM copyediting is a critical part of paper publishing. Science, technology, and medicine papers are always seeking reliable papers with breakthrough concepts. Once you have done that, the job is to get your paper published. STM copyediting requires a unique set of expertise and technicalities. This makes it important to have an expert hand run through your paper.
Specialisation is key
Publishing to medicine, science and technology papers is more than just subject expertise. Reviewers expect detailed editing of all technical papers. Good STM copyeditors focus on grammatical construction, factual accuracy and clean referencing. This helps to meet the guidelines of international journals and papers.
Here is what the STM editors at PenPundit offer:
- APA style of referencing
- Complete coding and instructions for XML, HTML and SGML
- Electronically edited content tables
- Working alongside author’s requirements
- Edited files in MS Word with complete quality check
- Compositor ready content
Pen Pundit has on board STM specialists who can churn a well-edited paper. They check all submissions for style, formatting, and language. STM copyediting is a good idea because an editor whets your copy for style and accuracy. This is important before you go ahead and submit your paper to a journal. Let’s find out why.
Why is STM copyediting important?
STM copyediting services are important when you are trying to submit a paper to international STM journals. International papers are strict about the quality of the report. They look for good language, format, and style. Good STM copyediting services ensure that your paper meets the guidelines set out by the journal or magazine.
The process of STM copyediting:
- We directly receive the manuscript from the editorial office, register it into your system and readily send the copyedited document to the compositor.
- We save you time, that would otherwise have been spent looking for freelance editors.
- Our copyeditors are skilled and experienced.
- Eliminate your need for paper work and tax-related tasks involving freelancers.
A good editor is like a second eye. You want to make sure it’s a good one. Good editors have subject expertise and the ability to treat facts well. They also understand the nuances of style and referencing.